The virtual event is currently underway and lasts until May 31! Results of disciplines completed are below. Keep scrolling for information on the types of events and how to play!
It looks like we won't to be able to participate in any events for a while, SOOOO ... we'll bring the events to us by making up our own! With a virtual event, you're basically putting on and completing your own event without having to sign up for a race or deal with crowds. To play:
1. Choose an event from the list below
2. Now you have until May 31 to complete any of the disciplines for any event at any time during the duration of the virtual time period, which is from now until May 31. Keep your own time and distance as you do the event.
3. You pick your schedule! Do all of the disciplines for, say, the triathlon super sprint, in one day, or do the swim on one day, the bike on another and the run on another. They don't have to be on consecutive days and you don't have to do them in order. You can even work on multiple events, such as doing the 500-yard swim for the sprint triathlon on one day, and doing the 13-mile run for the triathlon half on another! You can do one of the disciplines as many times as you want to try to get your best time! If you finish a discipline that has the same distance as another event (such as the triathlon sprint swim and the splash-and-dash swim), you CANNOT count the one swim for both events. You would have to do another 500 swim for the other event.
We are offering everything! Is there anybody in the club crazy enough to do them all by May 31? Here are the events with distances:
Super sprint -- 200-yard swim, 6-mile bike, 1.5-mile run
Sprint -- 500-yard swim, 12-mile bike, 3-mile run
Olympic -- 1,500-yard swim, 25-mile bike, 6-mile run
Half -- 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13-mile run
Full -- 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike, 26-mile run
Super sprint -- 1-mile run, 6-mile bike, 1.5-mile run
Sprint -- 1.5-mile run, 12-mile bike, 3-mile run
Olympic -- 3-mile run, 25-mile bike, 6-mile run
Long course -- 6-mile run, 50-mile bike, 12-mile run
Super sprint -- 300-yard swim, 8-mile bike
Sprint -- 800-yard swim, 12-mile bike
Olympic -- 1,500-yard swim, 25-mile bike
Half -- 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike
Full -- 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike
SPLASH AND DASH
Super sprint -- 300-yard swim, 2-mile run
Sprint -- 500-yard swim, 3.5-mile run
Olympic -- 1,500-yard swim, 6-mile run
Long course -- 1.2-mile swim, 13-mile run
You make up your own course! Disciplines can be completed outside or inside. Bike trainers can be used for cycling, especially if you have one that shows mileage. If not, you get 6 miles for every 20 minutes. NO DRAFTING on outside rides! Treadmills and ellipticals can be used for running if they show mileage. For outside, if you don't have a computer, the bike path is great for mileage markers and you can just use a watch for timing. Swimming will be a bit more difficult with clubs closed, and that's why non-swimming events were added. However, Lake Woollomes is available for swimming, and many of us have pools that will be warm enough soon. Set up a pool swim for members in your backyard, as long as you keep the numbers of people down and practice social distancing! NO TOYS on the swims.
After any completed disciplines, post your results on the members-only Facebook page, or send the results to firstname.lastname@example.org Include your name, date, event, discipline and time. Danny will be keeping a chart and posting it regularly on the website and Facebook page to show how everybody is doing!
Tammy Triathlete, April 2
1,500-yard swim: 35:24
Feel free to post any photos or send them to the email and they can be posted on the website and Facebook page!
OH, YES! It's not so much your times (because we'll be doing different courses and some inside training) but how many events you can complete! Even if you only complete one, though, you are in for an awesome prize! And the more you complete, the more you'll get! There will also be prizes for the most photos turned in!
Contact Danny if you have questions through the club email at email@example.com or ask through the members-only Facebook page!
YOU MAY START PLAYING ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2020. THE GAME LASTS FOR TWO MONTHS, ENDING ON APRIL 15, SO YOU HAVE MORE THANTWO MONTHS TO FILL IN THOSE SQUARES! PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED FOR ALL BINGOS (with the coolness of the prizes growing with each bingo), AND WE'LL HAVE A HUGE PARTY IN MAY TO AWARD OUR BINGO WINNERS AND RAFFLE OFF A FREE RACE ENTRY!
RULES CHANGES AMID STATE LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS
** A "quarantine" free space square is allowed for any activity impossible to achieve during the lockdown
** Swim land exercises can sub for a swim workout
** Taking a picture of yourself working out can sub for a group workout or working out with a fellow Trispoke
1. To start playing, pick any bingo board from the choices below. YOU WILL USE THAT ONE BOARD FOR ALL OF THE BINGOS YOU ACHIEVE, ALL THE WAY UP TO BLACKOUT, IF YOU GET THAT FAR!
For the fun of it, each card is marked with the name of a popular California triathlon. BINGO BOARDS ON PDFs BELOW!
2. Complete bingos in the following order (you can see visuals in upper right). USE THE SAME BOARD!
1. Straight-line bingo -- vertical
2. Straight-line bingo -- horizontal
3. Straight-line bingo -- diagonal
4. "X" bingo
5. All four borders bingo
6. Blackout bingo (every space covered)
BINGO BOARDS ON PDFs BELOW!
3. If you blackout, send an image of your board with your name on it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be credited for all six types of bingos. If the game is still going, you can pick a new board and start again for EVEN BIGGER PRIZES!
4. Some ground rules:
** Only mark off squares that you complete after you downloaded a board and from February 1 through April 15
** Complete each bingo in the order listed above on the same board
** A square with TOTAL miles on it does not have to be completed in one day or in consecutive days. (example: Run a total of 30 miles -- if it takes two weeks to do that, then that's when you fill in the square).
** "Renew your membership square" If you joined from November 1, 2019, or later, your membership carries through to 2021, so you can mark off the square. All others need to renew for 2020-21.